Historic buildings

Witnesses of the past – they, too, were once pointing to the future. Today, they are worth seeing and being conserved, and this is the more important the faster time is moving. Be open to meeting history in our region.

Altes Schloss der Herren von Schönau in Wehr (old castle of the Lords of Schönau)

The “Alte Schloss” (old castle of the Lords of Schönau), a building from the German Renaissance, is located on the “Rathausplatz” (town hall square) and houses Wehr’s town administration offices.

Au-Friedhof (cementery) with Old Catholic church

Historic, listed cementery in the "Au" street. The there located Old Catholic church was build in the 19th century and is decorated with a modern Lenten veil wich was arranged by artists fom the area.

Burgruine Bärenfels Wehr (castle ruin Bärenfels)

freely accessible / always open

On top of the “Burgruine Bärenfels” (castle ruin Bärenfels), you can enjoy a great panoramic view.

Burgruine Werrach (Schlössle) in Wehr (castle ruin Werrach)

freely accessible / always open

The “Burgruine Werrach” (castle ruin Werrach) which is also called "Schlössle" (tiny castle) is located above Wehr and may be reached via the fascinating "Sagenpfad" (path of legends).

Burgruine Wieladingen

freely accessible / always open

Wieladingen Castle and its mighty keep – surely the most imposing feature of the present day ruins – crown a rocky promontory high above the Murgtal valley.

"Die Ruhenden"Kurhausplatz in Höchenschwand

Are deliberately set the figures on the central square of the spa. There is on the one hand the transport hub and the other, a now popular place to linger . The figures reinforce your presence to share in peace in this place .

Einungsmeistermühle Unteralpfen

freely accessible / always open

Albbruck-Unteralpfen. Eines der meist fotografierten Motive in der gesamten Gemeinde ist die Einungsmeistermühle in Unteralpfen.

Klausenhof Open Air Museum - Herrischried

The Klausenhof is one of the oldest buildings in the Black Forest. Even today, the structure dating from 1424 gives the impression of having been abandoned by its last inhabitants only yesterday.

Gallusturm

freely accessible / always open

The "Gallusturm" was build in 1343 and was useful as a sea wall for the former island town.

The Trumpeter's Gravestone

freely accessible / always open

Gravestone of Franz Werner Kirchhofer (1633-1693) and Maria Ursula von Schönau (1632-1691)

Haus der Diakonie Wehr-Öflingen

freely accessible / always open

Wehr. Eine bedeutende Sehenswürdigkeit Öflingens ist das Haus der Diakonie in der Paul Gräb-Str. 2.

Haus Fischerzunft

Bad Säckingen. In der romantischen Fischergasse 12 hat 1712 die Rheingenossen-Familie Elgg ein Haus gebaut. Ihre Vor- und Nachfahren gehörten zu den Ausgewählten in Säckingen. Sie hatten bis 1879 das Monopol auf die Fischerei, Flößerei und Schifffahrt auf dem Rhein.

Heimatmuseum Alte Metzig

Waldshut-Tiengen. Waldshut und seine Ur- und Frühgeschichte: Die Sammlung der 'Alten Metzig' zeigt ur- und frühgeschichtliche Funde sowie Mineralien und Fossilien aus Waldshut-Tiengen und seiner Umgebung.

Hexenturm / Witch's tower

Waldshut-Tiengen. The tower was part of the inner town fortification.

Historische Altstadt

Take a walk through the historic town of Laufenburg: Experience history, culture and nature in a nutshell and enter into the volatile history of the"Pearl on the High Rhine.

Hochrheinmuseum im Schloss Schönau

Bad Säckingen. Durch die Herren von Schönau wurde das Schloss um 1600 anstelle einer früheren wasserburgartigen Anlage gebaut. Drei interessante Sammlungen stehen zur Besichtigung.

Ibach Cross

freely accessible / always open

Five metres high: An impressive wayside cross on the route L150.

Johannisplatz

freely accessible / always open

Waldshut-Tiengen. Until the middle of the 16th century, the town's oldest cemetery was situated here. Today you can find a playground at this place.

Längste gedeckte Holzbrücke Europas

freely accessible / always open

Bad Säckingen. Die Holzbrücke verbindet Bad Säckingen grenzüberschreitend mit der Gemeinde Stein in der Schweiz. Mit 203,7 Metern (mit Vordächern 206,5 Meter) ist sie die längste gedeckte Holzbrücke Europas. Damit ist sie länger als die Luzerner Kapellbrücke, die 202,9 Meter (mit Vordächern 204,7 Meter) lang ist. Die Brücke gehört zur Liste der Kulturgüter von nationaler Bedeutung im Kanton Aargau.

Neues Schloss der Herren von Schönau in Wehr (New castle of the Lords of Schönau)

The “Neues Schloss der Herren von Schönau” (New castle of the Barons of Schönau) is built in the style of the late baroque and today functions as the town hall.

Upper Town Gate (Gate of Schaffhausen)

freely accessible / always open

Waldshut-Tiengen. The upper town gate is also called the "Gate of Schaffhausen".

Parish Church of Ibach

freely accessible / always open

On a low hill between Upper Ibach and Lower Ibach, the Parish Church of Ibach rises impressively.

City Hall, Hauptstraße 30

freely accessible / always open

Originally the city hall was the outer City garrison. It was named "Waldtor" (forrest gate) which led the way up to the Black Forrest.

Sagenpfad (path of legends) at Burgruine Werrach (castle ruin Werrach)

freely accessible / always open

Immerse yourself into the mysterious world of the ancestors of Wehr. A must for children, families, and friends of old narrative art and traditions.

Bernau - Heimatmuseum Resenhof

Der malerische Resenhof in Bernau ist ein über 220 Jahre alter original erhaltener Hochschwarzwälder Eindach-Hof. Werfen Sie einen Blick in die Vergangenheit der Bernauer Bauern. Wie wohnten und arbeiteten sie? Womit verdienten sie ihr Geld?

Seltenbachbrücke / Sculptures on the bridge

freely accessible / always open

Waldshut-Tiengen. The "Seltenbachbrücke" is a bridge, that isover the small river "Seltenbach". On this Bridge, you can find four sculptures.

Chapel of the holy spirit and the former hospital area

freely accessible / always open

Waldshut-Tiengen. Old Hospital church built in the 15th century.

Stadtscheuer / Town's Warehouse

Waldshut-Tiengen. The "Stadtscheuer" was the town's Warehouse.

Storchehus Wehr (baroque house)

The historical “Storchehus” (baroque house) was built in the 16th century. In the earlier days, it was used as an administrative building and later as residential and business house.

Storchensteg in Wehr (stork bridge)

freely accessible / always open

The “Storchensteg” (stork bridge) in Wehr is a historical wooden bridge over the river Wehra and was opened in 1908.

Tiengener Schloss / Old Castle and new Castle

Waldshut-Tiengen. The Old Castle with its residental Tower belongs to the northern part of the whole toen complex. The building of the New Castle belongs to the southern part of the Castle grounds.

Lower Town Gate (Gate of Basel)

freely accessible / always open

Waldshut-Tiengen. The Lower Town Gate is also called "Gate of Basel".